Thursday, March 29, 2007

Promoting

One reason for writing this blog is for people to actually read it. If people read my blog and make posts I can get feedback on my information and share knowledge with other people. One way to promote a blog is to throw the URL for the blog around. One thing I've done to promote this blog is entering my URL on my facebook profile under my websites. Anyone who is browsing through my blog can click on a link directing them straight to my blog. This is a good spot to place a URL because most people browsing facebook are bored and are looking for something interesting to click on. I know that personally I go on facebook in between classes when I am bored and have nothing to do but kill time. Also, facebook is so popular now people are bound to at least see that I have a website. I cannot make them click my link, but placing it on facebook makes it easy. Another great place to place a link to my site is as an away message for AOL instant messenger. As with facebook, people on their computers who are bored check their buddies' away messages to see what they have to say. Some people place links to youtube videos they want to share with friends. Placing my URL in my away message is another way for people to easily access my blog when they have nothing better to do than to check away messages. A blog is made to share with people and promoting it is an essential part of running a blog.

1 comment:

Kim Gregson said...

but will you reach people in the field on facebook? And they have to know you already to see your AIM away message, right? So not the best ways to become part of the professional discussion about marketing. Try something a little more daring - post a comment on another person (a person involved in marketing/advertising)'s blog for instance.